We are excited to provide multiple sessions of this 10 hour virtual train-the-trainer course for educators. Upon completion, educators will be prepared to launch a Positive Solutions for Families program in their school district or child care center.
We will offer this course throughout the year. Sessions take place:
- October 2020 Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6-8pm
- December 2020 Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, 5-7pm
- January 2021 One week nightly (25-Jan, 26-Jan, 27-Jan, 28-Jan, 29-Jan), 5-7pm
- February 2021 Vacation Week (16th 9:00 – 11:00am; 17th 9:00 – 11:00 am and 1:00 – 3:00pm; 18th 9:00 – 11:00am and 1:00 – 3:00pm)
- March 2021 Wednesdays (3-Mar, 10-Mar, 17-Mar, 24-Mar, 31-Mar), 7-9pm
- April 2021 1,6,8,13,15 6:00-8:00pm
- April Vacation Tues 20th 9:00 – 11:00am; Wed 21st 9:00 – 11:00am and 1:00 -3:00pm; Thursday 22nd 9:00 – 11:00am and 1:00 – 3:00pm
- May 2021 Tuesdays and Thursdays (4-May, 6-May, 11-May, 13-May, 18-May), 5-7 pm
- June 2021 Monday and Wednesday (7-Jun, 9-Jun, 14-Jun, 16-Jun, 21-Jun), 6-8pm
Positive Solutions for Families provides families with information on promoting social and emotional skills using positive approaches that help young children learn appropriate behavior. This program aligns with Massachusetts’ priority to enhance family and community engagement, and offers skills and strategies to help professionals implement Positive Solutions for Families in their districts.
- Strategies for training families and colleagues in the Positive Solutions for Families modules;
- practical strategies to make the modules interesting and engaging for families;
- positive and effective parenting strategies and activities to support social-emotional development;
- awareness and responsiveness to diverse needs of families, especially around child rearing and discipline;
- challenges of parenting and common pitfalls encountered by families; and
- the development of a plan to implement Positive Solutions for Families.