The Strengthening Partnerships Framework includes five guiding principles:
- Each family is unique, and all families represent diverse structures.
- Acknowledging and accepting the need to engage all families is essential for successful engagement of diverse families and includes recognizing the strengths that come from their diverse backgrounds.
- Building a respectful, trusting, and reciprocal relationship is a shared responsibility of families, practitioners, organizations, and systems.
- Families are their child/youth’s first and best advocate.
- Family engagement must be equitable