Family TIES of Massachusetts, one of our sister programs within the Federation, offers a unique volunteer opportunity for families who have learned how to navigate healthcare, human service, and educational systems and want to give back. The Parent-to-Parent program matches parents with trained volunteer support parents through a matching process that connects individuals based on shared experiences.
- Families may request a match at any timeusing this form, and professionals who work with families can also refer parents or caregivers with their permission.
The program is always seeking volunteers who have children with disabilities and/or medical complexities to join their team of trained Support Parents. The minimum commitment is providing two emotional support phone calls to another parent of a child with disabilities.
For more details on becoming a Support Parent, please contact Valeryia Pedersen at (617) 399-8382 or P2P@fcsn.org or see the Parent-to-Parent website.
Or, register for an upcoming Listening and Learning Online Zoom Training, which provides details of the program and opportunities to reflect on the emotional roads families travel as parents of children with special needs while enhancing effective listening skills.Register for Listening & Learning
- January 24, 2023 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- February15, 2023 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- March 16, 2023 06:00 pm – 08:00 pm
- April 12, 2023 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- May 18, 2023 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Know someone who might be interested in becoming a Support Parent? Share our flyer!